Are you looking for the ideal wedding dress for you? Then this article will interest you a lot because we are going to help you choose the best garment adapted to your body type and neckline, two very striking elements when dressing in the wedding dress and that, depending on them, the result can be great or, conversely, it can diminish your beauty. We know that your wedding day is one of the most important in your life (if not the most important), so below we are going to tell you how to know which wedding dress suits you by giving you some very reliable indicators that can help you in your choice.
Steps to follow:
1. One of the most important aspects of a wedding dress that we must take into account is the neckline that this garment will have, since this part of the female body can help enhance its beauty and achieve an impressive result. But if the correct one is not used, adapted to the body of each one, the result can be just the opposite, so be careful!
In these dresses, a poor choice of neckline can affect the entire essence of the bride, causing her to not feel 100% comfortable with the suit in question. So, in order to choose the right neckline for you, we will have to assess different aspects such as the following.
- Breast size
- The neck releases
- If you want to highlight this area or if you prefer it to go into the background
So, evaluating these three options, we can start looking for the best wedding dress for our body and our preferences.
2. Now, we are going to help you know which is the neckline that will most favor you in your choice of wedding dress. We begin by evaluating the size of your breasts to be able to recommend one type or another as it will not favor the same cleavage to a person with a voluminous chest as to another who has it small.
Ideal neckline for small breasts
In the event that you have a small chest, it is best to opt for a dress that has details in this area, such as lace, rhinestones, flowers, etc. In this way, you get the area to be highlighted and, therefore, create an optical effect that makes your breasts appear more volume.
Ideal neckline for large breasts
Women who have a large bra size are better off choosing a wedding dress that is not too low-cut to avoid looking too vulgar for the occasion. You can opt for garments that enhance this very feminine part of your body but without overdoing it too much because you will achieve the opposite effect to what you are looking for.
3. We have already indicated to you previously that another aspect to assess is the length of the neck as this can also help you determine the best neckline for your dress; Thus, women with long and thin necks are recommended to opt for a high neckline, that is, their chest cannot be seen but only the gutter can be sensed, thus giving greater prominence to elegance and fineness of his shoulders.
Women who have a short and thick neckline can opt for lower and insinuating necklines to be able to stylize the figure and avoid an image that is too small. But we must be prudent with this issue because, as we have already pointed out, we must avoid too pronounced necklines to avoid vulgarity and get insinuating rather than showing, this is the key to success.
4. Now to know which wedding dress suits you, we are going to look at the fall of the dress to be able to recommend the most suitable one for you. On this occasion we will have to look at the types of women’s bodies that there are because it will depend on this that your ideal dress is one or the other.
The body types that exist are:
- Pear body or triangle
- Apple body
- Inverted triangle body
- Rectangle body
- Hourglass body
Depending on the shape of your body, it will be more appropriate for us to choose a type of dress with a specific cut or another. In the following steps we will analyze, one by one, each body with the recommendations when choosing the wedding dress.
5. The women with the body of inverted triangle are those with wider shoulders than hips, meaning that your body is wider at the top than at the bottom. So, if this is your case, the most suitable dresses for you are those that reduce the width of your back, chest and shoulders to give more prominence to the hips and lower part of the body.
To do this, we will opt for dresses that have more closed necklines and that have wide skirts with volume and tight waists; In this way, you will be able to correct the shape of your body, achieving a better symmetry between the lower and upper part. The dresses that will suit you best are those with a mermaid cut, although a princess cut could also fit you as it will highlight your body.
6. To know if your body is a rectangle, you just have to check if the shape of your silhouette is straight, that is, if the upper part is more or less the same width as the lower part as well as the waist; that is, in the case of these bodies, the female curve is hardly pronounced and the figure is more similar to the male. This body is common in older women, moms, sportswomen, or plump people.
If this is your body, to choose the wedding dress you should know that there are some elements that are strongly discouraged such as straight dresses, those that are very tight, loose dresses, square necklines and short sleeves. All this will enhance the square shape of your body and will not enhance your beauty.
The dresses that DO fit perfectly with your silhouette are those that are fitted at the waist, those that have a V-neckline that helps to stylize your body, the bare shoulders and the skirt in vertical lines. Do not use short necklaces because what we want to look for are elements that stylize and refine our appearance.
The most recommended dress for your body type is the empire cut, but you can also opt for dresses with a sheath cut that will enhance your appeal and with which you will feel more feminine than ever.
7. The pear – shaped or triangle- shaped body is one that has the upper part (breasts, back and shoulders) narrower than the lower part (hips and thighs), achieving an optical effect like a pear. If this is your body type, you should know that the wedding dress we need is one that reinforces the attention in the upper part and that, on the other hand, hides the lower part.
For this reason, we should avoid too tight or mermaid-style dresses as it will enhance the hips and mark our asymmetry too much. For this reason, the best dresses for your silhouette are dresses with a princess cut; In addition, to highlight the upper area, it is best to opt for dresses with ornaments, details and other notorious elements in the chest area, back, etc.
8. If your body has the shape of an hourglass, that is, it has the same size at the top as at the bottom but with a well-marked waist, then you have the freedom to choose the dress that you like the most because the shape of your body allows you to play with different shapes, cuts and necklines. The symmetry of your body allows any option you choose to adapt to your body like a glove and you look beautiful with what you wear.
9. The women having the body block are those with the area of wide belly unlabeled waist, with thick back and legs also thick. This type of body is usually had by the more enterprising people and, therefore, it is important that in order to be beautiful on the wedding day, they opt for a dress that stylizes them and manages to enhance the femininity of their bust.
For this reason, dresses with a sweetheart or V-shaped neckline can be ideal for this type of silhouette, in addition to opting for drapes that will help to style. Another trick to refine your body is to choose a type of dress that has a high waist and that the skirt falls over the legs; Avoid tight dresses and very pompous ones as much as possible. The dresses with empire waist are best left with the shape of your body.